Friday 21 March 2014

Birthday Bubbles

Hello Sassy Friends!
I'm in the mood to celebrate with a dear friend of mine turning 
'another year wiser'. With our beautiful March mood board in mind, 
I've created a little bottle neck hanger 
card using Glitz Design and American Crafts
Completely inspired by the fabulous Amy Tangerine pockets 
in the store, I've created my own out of a sheet of Maggie Holmes  
Flea Market vellum. Simply cut a strip to a width of your choosing, 
fold up in half and sew shut on three sides, leaving the top open.



This 'friend' peekaboo had the perfect sentiment, but was just 
a bit too long for my needs, so I scanned it and printed it off onto vellum. (Alternatively, you could also purchase the digital file of this and print off)
Can't help but love these blooms. Once I had adhered it to the front of the pocket, it looked a bit flat, so I have given it a bit of depth with some Color Shine...
Simply brush on parts, starting off with a watered down version, 
then building up the colour.
The pocket holds a removable card, which I have stamped 
(Kaisercraft) and heat embossed using American Crafts Zing
embossing powder in metallic silver.
It's a simple way to dress up some cheeky champers and was very well received! 
If you decide to give this a go, be sure to tag us #sassyscrappers 
so we can admire your handy work!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Chantalle
Sassy Supplies used:
Colour Me Happy Chalkboard  Hello Friend Polka  Finnley Giant Rhinestones   Maggie Holmes Flea Market 12x12 Vellum Paper  Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party Flourishing Flowers Paper 
Maggie Holmes Flea Market Gold Doily  Epiphany Crafts - Shape Studio Tool - Round 25mm  Epiphany Crafts - Shape Studio Bubble Caps - Round 25mm  Snug Hug Seam Binding in Chalk White per mtr
MME Enamel Dots Notable Cute  Colour Shine Spritz Mint Green 2oz  Colour Shine Spritz Georgia Peach 2ozHello Friend Peekaboos

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely cute and very nice idea ! I really bring myself to get out and dust off my sewing machine. This pocket is very nice. Blooms with the color shine are beautiful. It's sweet. Thank you Chantalle !

    ReplyDelete

09 10