Monday 3 November 2014

Project Life | Week 41...

  Hi There Sassy friends!  It's Leanne here today with another round up of Project Life.  This week, Week 41 | October 6 - 12, I have been creating with the gorgeous new Heidi Swapp collection - September Skies.
 
 I've been predominantly working with the 6"x6" mini paper pad.  It's quite versatile and background pieces for both size pockets (4x6 & 3x4 - Becky Higgins Design A) are easily cut down to size.
 
 
 
Week 41 was all about getting back into some sort of a routine for us.  Photos once again were limited to what I had captured on my iPhone and I even found a screen capture of a weather forecast for this particular week.  Because of the limited visual stimulus from photos, I decided that I would use gorgeous Spring colours with a bright pops of lime green, to become the main focus on the spread as a whole.
 

 
Confession time.  I wasn't exclusive to the mini paper pad.  I have used the Dusk patterned paper,  trimmed to add small clusters of detail to various pockets.
 
September Skies Dusk Paper 12x12
To create my weekly title pocket, the top left corner of the Dusk patterned paper, was trimmed to 4"x6" and layered with details from the September Skies ephemera pack, September Skies word strips, Jillibean Soup alphas and Echo Park label stickers.
 

 
The mini paper pad however, is ideal for creating filler pockets where only one or two pieces of ephemera are added.
 

 
This week, for lack of any photos, I searched online for an image of a Luna eclipse.  It was quite cloudy from where we stood, and our view was too obscured to capture an image.  I've included it in my spread this week because my boys, especially my eldest, is very interested in astrological events.  He was excited to see the Luna eclipse and point it out to his younger brothers.  This all occurred while we were waiting for his sister to finish her dance lesson.  And finding the moon between the clouds became quite the game.
 
The screen shot capture of our local weather was also included because we had a rapid drop in temperature mid week.  An unusual occurrence that had us pull out the school Winter gear for one more day.
 

 
There are moments during the year, where craft projects have been created by my children, but because of their bulk and general size, these artworks can't always be kept.  To have the pieces included in my PL, I simply take a photo and include the story somewhere in the journaling.
 
My youngest has been learning about Jonah and the Whale.  He was very excited to "build this fish" and then have its photo taken!

 
..........................................................................................
 

 
On page two, I've tried to create balance with colours and journaling equal to page one.  Each of the photos on page two are quite busy and because of it I've kept the filler cards simple.

 
The Studio Calico label stickers create white space on busy patterned paper, allowing the eye to rest.

 
Another thing I like to capture (when I think of doing it!) is to create a  time lapse series of photos - especially of the garden.  Our wisteria is a great example of letting us know the change in season.  This photo was created in an app on my iPhone (Diptic).  The contrast is quite spectacular and I'm glad I had images to share as part of my PL!
 

 
Finally, the date filler card was left with plenty of white space to mimic the top filler card on page one. 
 

 
 
This week I've shared a number of tips to help create stories when photos are scarce.  Weather reports scattered throughout PL pages could become a great comparison and talking point in years to come.  Also try to create your own time lapse photo.  Perhaps capture the same view from a window, the road you travel down each day or a special place you like to visit, at different time of the year, to gain an alternative perspective.  Thanks for visiting and don't forget to check in with the Sassy shop for all your PL needs..x
September Skies Beautiful Bouquet Paper 12x12
September Skies Dusk Paper 12x12
September Skies 6x6 inch Paper Pad
September Skies Word Strips
September Skies Ephemera Pieces
Photo Freedom V2 Element Stickers
 
Jillibean Soup Newberg Navy Alphas
 
Notes and Things Journalling and Title Accent Stickers
 
Studio Calico Label Stickers
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. 8.14am to my office ! I know what I could capture for my PL ! lol !! the screen of my computer with your awesome Project Life ! My weekly rendez-vous ! As always I love how you create your PL, and thanks for your tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vero!! You are so sweet! I hope you share your PL pages..x

      Delete

09 10