Monday 17 August 2015

Project Life | Ephemera Tutorial...

Hello Sassy Friends! Today I am sharing a super quick tutorial on containing those extra bits and pieces that always seem to sneak outside your pockets! That's right, I'm talking about those pretty ribbons and strings.
 
Last Week I shared a pocket which contained a piece of ephemera from my son's school Sport's Day Carnival.
 
 
The curling ribbon on the paper medallion kept pushing the plastic pocket up, making it bulky and for my card to easily slip out.  However, I didn't want to cut the ribbon off, as it was part of what made the prize special. Plus it colour coordinated beautifully! *grin* What I ended up doing is incredibly simple.
 
step 1. Gather your supplies: pocket card, ruler & sharp knife/scalpel.
 
 
step 2. After positioning your ephemera piece, mark and cut a small slit above it.
 

step 3.  Slip the curling ribbon/string etc. through the hole.

 
step 4. Mark and cut a second slit, where you would like rest of the ribbon to return on the front of the card.
 
 
step 5. Thread the ribbon through to the front of the card and pull gently until the ribbon lies flat.
 
 
step 6. Finish off the card by adhering the ephemera in place and add any extra bits and pieces to complete the pocket.
 
 
Now the pocket is reasonably flat and I don't have the ribbon loose and coming out of the top of my album when it's closed.
 
And there you go. A pocket card at its simplest! I hope this idea can help you out with a similar issue!  Thanks for visiting..x
 
We R Memory Keepers Craft Knife Summer Vibes Sn@p Cards
 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is a simple, clever, effective solution! LOVE it:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I love hearing your feedback...x

    ReplyDelete

09 10