Wednesday 16 August 2017

Pink Paislee Summer Lights| Mermaid Hair don't Care | Guest DT Gwen Wruck

Hi Creative Friends,

Gwen with you today with another share as this months Guest Designer.  This month I'm creating with the latest collection from Pink Paislee - Summer Lights and today I'm sharing my second page.  If you missed the first one, you can check it out here.


As soon as I saw this collection, I knew I had to create a page with the chipboard Mermaid - how cute is she!!! AND that sentiment, "Mermaid Hair don't care" I adore that too so I then went about finding a photo of Miss 10 that would fit those. Living on the beautiful Gold Coast, we enjoy Summer most of the year and often find time to go to the waterfront for a swim, so it was not hard to find one of her looking like a gorgeous mermaid!


Next, I pulled out a stack of the frames from the Ephemera pack.  I wanted to heap them up as the base for my photo mat.  I just layered them up across one-third of my page crisscrossing at different angles.  I then went about matting my photo and added some foam tape for dimension.  Then it was time to add the mermaid, she was a perfect fit just to the right of my photo.  The chipboard in this collection is so sweet, with lots of cute icons and I thought why not add the umbrella here as well as some cute shells from the ephemera pack.


Once I was happy with this little cluster, I went about finding a spot for the sentiment "Mermaid Hair don't care".  It was a perfect fit under the photo and rounded out the embellishments needed for this side of the design.  This then meant that the left-hand side of the page was a little bare so I found the "Beach Life" chipboard piece and the little sign and camera and added these in.  I've also just slid a tag under my photo here as well, just for a little bit of interest and a lovely pop of pink!


I've added a couple of Rhinestones from my stash to round out of the layout and it was done.  I'm really happy with the clean look it has even though I've used a pattern paper for my background.

Thanks for checking out the blog today, I hope I've inspired you to get those Summer photos scrapped, this collection really is perfect for it!






You can find the entire range in the Sassy Scrappers store here.

Until next time,
Gwen
xo

1 comment:

09 10