Saturday 2 February 2013

Guest Designer - Kim Kendell

Hello all I am honoured to be a guest designer for Sassy Scrapper I live in Southern NSW and have been scrapping for over 10 years now, I have been on many design teams over the years and am currently on 5 design teams one of which is an Australian manufacturer of chipboard WOW (Words or Whatever).

What I love about scrapbooking and the current trends is the introduction of using mixed media on a layout you can achieve so much with texture paste and sprays and inks as the month progresses what for a sample of my work using mixed media. Something that I will share about my scrapping is that I rarely use a photo to scrap with I usually design my layout then when finished look for a photo, i find this so easy if I need to gauge the size of a photo I will just use a piece of scrap cardstock cut to size.

My inspiration comes from many sources my family of cause but i am also very inspired from nature and colour, my style could be said to be vintage chic I am not frightened to try anything new and love experimenting.

My guest designer pack was the amazing new 75 cents range from Kaisercraft. How I created this vintage Lo was to start with a Kaisercraft cardstock background and used a distressing tool to roughen the edges of the cardstock.

I then taken the 75 Cents Sixpence paper and used the reverse side to start the paper layering on my LO by using the reverse side I have been able to generate the effect of another layer due to the pattern in the paper, I then went on to use 75 Cents Penny to create the next layer.

   
I then distressed both these pages and then some of the lace from the lace and string pack I received across the top of the pages I have used foam mounting tape to give height to my layout I also added the Kaisercraft bling at the top of my layout.


I then took the large flower sticker from the 75 Cents Sticker Sheet I have stuck it on to cardstock then cut it out and mounted it onto my layout using double sided foam tape. I the took my A-Z title Adore and sprayed it with the Heidi Swapp Colour Shine Gold Lame.


I have then used the 75 Cents Collectables to find all my little bits and pieces that I have put on my layout these packs are fabulous value for money and contain so much in a packet. Then I started adding my Kaisercraft flowers on to my layout, 


This paper range is just amazing for vintage layouts and yet also lends it self to more modern style layouts as well which you will see in my next upload, I would highly recommend purchasing this range as its so versatile and has fabulous coordinated embellishments and the colours in the papers are suited to layouts on people or nature young or vintage.

I hope you have enjoyed my creation and I will share some more later in the month with you.

Kim

4 comments:

09 10