Friday 6 March 2015

Beautiful girl on a journey

Hi Sassy friends!

Woot, it's nearly the end of another busy week - yippee!

My stunning Niece shines in my moodboard page for this month. Anita has put together another cracker for March, which really got my creative juices flowing!

 The brushstrokes in the board caught my eye straight away. I have created a 'cheats' brushed background using Pink Paislee stamps, some gold embossing powder and one thick slick of gold paint on a wide brush. The irony of it is, that one can hardly tell which gold is the paint and which is embossed!
Gold on the left is paint and gold on the right is Ranger embossing powder!
The feather is a die cut which I had in my stash. I have used some soft, diluted Twinkling H2O's over the top to tie it in with the colour palette.
 
 Still obsessed with my metallic thread, messy stitching dots my page!

It's easy to create your own layered elements... In my cluster, I have used a gold die cut frame, a pantone swatch and a rose from a Maggie Holmes ephemera pack and stitched them together with my sewing machine, using top stitch thread for a defined line of stitching. The layers are then continued with some more die cuts (feather is New My Mind's Eye Niche), a Heidi Swapp glitter sticker, a wood veneer word and some expression stickers from the new Simple Stories collections which are in store now.

A couple of enamel dots, wood veneer and smatterings of Color Shine finish the page.

Thank you so much for stopping in. I can't wait to see what you create!

Have a great weekend!
Chantalle x






 I AM Chipboard Stickers 39pkRanger Gold Embossing Powder 56ozColor Wash Clear Stamps  Heidi Swapp Gold Glitter Banner ShapesDoodlebug Sprinkles Lily White AssortmentMaggie Holmes Flea Market Ephemera Pack
 
Make Pretty Stuff Enamel Confetti

5 comments:

  1. Awesome layout Chantalle, and thanks so much for explaining your layering for your cluster - very helpful for a newbie layer-er! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful !!! So delicate, and nice tips ! thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

09 10