Thursday 9 August 2018

Pocket Pages | Auburn Lane by Pink Paislee | Agnus Kasprzak

Hi again :) I'm back with the remainder of my April pages using more gorgeous items from Pink Paislee's Auburn Lane collection. 

I briefly discussed how trying something out of your usual comfort zone can really pay off when selecting a collection to use in your album in my previous post, and thought it would be good to talk more about how I decide which products to use for a particular spread. Having 3 boys usually means I avoid the more 'feminine' collections and even though there are quite a few florals featured in this range, there is also a great mix of rich darker tones that helped me to take the products in a more masculine direction. 


As you can see, I didn't avoid the feminine side of this range completely but rather used it to help highlight the darker tones like seen here with my journal card background that was pieced together with various patterns from this range.

Bold black and white stripes paired with solid rich tones helped to create a good base for a quick filler card and by using the spliced design already featured throughout this collection as inspiration, I was able to combine various patterns onto a single card while still keeping it clean and simple.


Using more simple layers with my photos... this time using the beautiful copper foiled detail featured in the 6x8" paper pad to create interest.


As mentioned before, I often shuffle things around to balance out the filler cards and photos when deciding on the final placement in my pockets and also like to repeat various elements across both pages... in this case it was more spliced cards.


The mini alpha thickers were perfect for adding titles to my cards and photos.


 |I used one of the wood veneer frames to create a focal point, adding a sprinkle of metallic distress spray to help create more interest.


I often collect various ephemera pieces to include in our album, and love the look of this simple pressed leaf floating inside one of my pockets. I attached a few small stickers from the cardstock sticker pack directly onto the leaf.


Products from the Sassy store...
Auburn Lane 6x8" Paper Pad w/Copper Foil
Auburn Lane Die-cut Ephemera w/Copper Foil
Auburn Lane Wood Veneer Frames 
Auburn Lane Cardstock Label Stickers w/Copper Foil
Auburn Lane Happy Life Mini Alpha Thickers
Auburn Lane 12x12 Cardstock - Paper No.1
Auburn Lane 12x12 Cardstock - Paper No.2
Auburn Lane 12x12 Cardstock - Paper No.11
Auburn Lane 12x12 Cardstock - Paper No.10
Auburn Lane 12x12 Cardstock - Paper No.6
Auburn Lane 12x12 Cardstock - Paper No.5
Auburn Lane 12x12 Cardstock - Paper No.8
Auburn Lane 12x12 Cardstock - Paper No.7
Distress Stain Spray - Antiqued Bronze
   
  
  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10