Tuesday 13 March 2012

Step-By-Step Background Tutorial

Goodmorning Everyone,
I hope you have had a great long weekend with lots of enjoyable scrapping...
What a great start to the week....We have this morning, another magnificent Step by Step project on the Blog, created by the talented Georgia using Bo-Bunny Country Gardens...
I love looking at this layout with its gorgeous blend of colours..I hope you enjoy it also..
Have a great week..
Olga.xxx

From Georgia:

Here is another layout I have done with the gorgeous Bo Bunny Country Garden range. I will show you how  I created the background for this layout.

To complete this background you will need:

Bo Bunny Noteworthy
Gesso
Water Spray
Paint Brush
Slow Drying Glue


Firsty I have torn approximately an inch from around the edges of the Almanac paper and then curled the edges back with a paper distresser.


I have then applied a layer of slow drying glue with a brush to the Weather Paper.


I have then sprayed the edges of Almanac paper with my water spray until slightly soggy so I am able to manipulate it. Place onto the Weathered Paper and starting pushing the corners and edges in giving a crinkled effect.


This is how it should look. Don't worry if the paper tears slightly during this process as it will add to the distressed look. Slow drying glue is important as you will need a minute or two to work the paper before it dries.


Let dry naturally then dry brush a light layer of Gesso over the visible Weathered paper border and to the edges of the Almanac paper, graduating softly about 2 inches in. Let dry naturally.


Once dry you are free to start adding your layers. I have used different elements from the Country Garden Noteworthy pack, Cutout Paper and Combo Stickers. 


I have added some Prima & Kaisercraft blooms, Bo Bunny Country Garden Trinkets & Jewels for a bit of bling.


I have used a large sticker from the Country Garden combo sticker for my title and layered with some vintage lace. Once you have your page assembled, go over the edges of your elements and flowers with Gesso. And now your page is complete!


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Georgia!! Love the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page and great tutorial. I really love this palet.
    Tks for the kindness in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning - I'm going to have a go at the distressing myself today :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10