Friday 10 October 2014

Christmas Gift ideas - part 1

Hello Sassy Friends!

Here in Australia, we have just started the fourth school term. 
For me, that means the start of that mild panic that sets in when pondering the 10 measly weeks that are left of the school year!

This month I will be sharing gift ideas from the heart using Simple Stories 'Cozy Christmas' collection. A little something for everyone, they might inspire you to 'make now, relax later'!

December Countdown Calendar
This little flip style calendar with mini whiteboard is compact enough to be popped onto a desk or the kitchen bench. Largely comprising of a pack of Cozy Christmas Sn@p Cards
it was fairly quick to put together.

The base has been constructed out of black chipboard.
First, I cut a rectangle shape 175mm (w) x 115mm (h) and rounded the corners.

Next, I fiddled around with a 'stand' piece that would prop it up.
The shape I used looked like this (not to scale)
Cut out the shape, score along the line indicated and fold gently. Apply adhesive to the rectangular area and adhere to the back of the calendar. Note: I would do this later, once you have assembled and decorated the project, so you can work out where to place it so it can hold the weight of the pages.
 The first page is from a pack of Sn@p die cut cards. I have used the star shaped die cut. The paper has a beautiful gold print, but I wanted to up the sheen, so I have misted it with Gold Lamé Color Shine. The icicle and 'Dec 25' are from the Bits & Pieces pack. I have heat embossed the 25 with American Crafts gold glitter embossing powder, because Christmas time deserves some sparkle!
Next, I embellished the snap cards very simply with various types of alphas I had in my stash. On some, I've popped a chipboard sticker or a die cut shape.
The base as well as all the pages have been punched and then threaded onto some album rings. Some of the cards have been substituted with 3x4 journalling cards as they had northern hemisphere sentiments on them. If only we got to enjoy chilly white christmas every once in a while!
 The last page uses another die cut card. I have given it a lashing of red glitter and matted it with some woodgrain paper.
As mentioned, I have included a mini whiteboard. My festive season is full of busy note-to-selfs! Avery do whiteboard stickers which you can find at your local newsagent 
(I got mine at Big W). 
Thank you so much for joining us today. If you do decide to give this project a go, 
we would love to see it! Tag us on social media.
I'd love you to join me again next week!
Chantalle x
Sassy Supplies used:





3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, and you're right it's a nice idea for a gift. This collection is awesome with those cards ;-) Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea...makes me thinking about making one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10