Tuesday 25 April 2017

Mixed Media Art with Kylie

Hello lovely ones!

Kylie back today with my last project for April and with using the Rose Quartz collection from Prima Marketing. It's been a fun month!
For todays project I have created a mixed media piece, centred around one of the beautiful quote cut outs.The whole idea for this piece came though from this feather paper.




I really wanted to fussy cut those feathers out! I did so and also made tiny incisions along each edge to really give them a likeness to a real feather.




I love how some of them looked like they were dipped in rose gold too!  So pretty.
Here is a little look at my completed work....




I wanted lots of texture and soft colour to match.I think the feathers added a nice touch too!
I began my layout with a coat of clear Gesso followed by White Gesso, but using the white mainly in the area of where the bulk would be.I also made sure to apply uneven and with loads of brush strokes showing for added texture.I then used some of the Prima Color Bloom sprays from the Sassy Store
I found Peony and Pressed Petal were the perfect tones for this collection.




Once the colours were dry 98% I then added a clear text stamp and some Bronze embossing powder, both from my stash.Because the colour sprays weren't thoroughly dry some of the embossing powder stuck to them and gave a brilliant effect.
(*Truth be told that happened by accident....Oopsies....Thought the splatters were dry! But I ended up loving it so much I was happy for the mistake!)You can see an example clearly by this next photo.
I loved having the script in the background as well.




One thing I love about Prima Marketing is how they bring out matching blooms for each collection.The flowers for Rose Quartz do not disappoint as usual. I also added one or two from my stash and some leaves for balance.



These are the flowers from the collection.











I adore the Grateful Heart paper from this range.It has a selection of quote cards in different sizes.I cut one of these as my centre focus.All of the leaves are rose gold.







I made sure to distress the edges a little before backing it with foam tape for a little height.It gave some dimension to the overall layout.




To finish I diluted some white paint with water and added some splatters around my layout.




I hope you have enjoyed my post today and it inspires you to create your own masterpiece!



Can't wait to share with you all projects for May.Watch this space......

Kylie xoxo














No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10