Friday 15 March 2019

You Make Me Smile | Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Whimsical | Tarrah McLean

Hi Sassy Scrappers!

It's Tarrah McLean back with you and today I have a new layout to share with you using the gorgeous Whimsical collection by Paige Evans/Pink Paislee. I will be working with this collection over the next few weeks so stay tuned for some inspiration each Friday!

This week I wanted to incorporate some hand stitching on my page. I started sketching a flower shape onto white cardstock and then on the inside of the hand stitching I made a small slit in the paper to be able to tuck the die cut flowers into. I pierced holes along the design of the sketch and then stitched my heart away!

It's best to get the stitching part done first and I will admit, it did take me a while as it was a new kind of stitch that I had never tried before. Its called chain link stitch and it took me a little bit to get the hang of it. I chose the golden colour to enhance some of the gold pieces in the flowers. I used 4 strands of the embroidery thread.

 Once the stitching was all done, it was time to adhere my photo down and embellish the page. The next step was to get the flowers tucked into the slit on the left how I liked them. I used the whole packet of ephemera flowers except for the leaves. I used the whole bottom section of the packet for this one page! I bent some of them up to add dimension and also adhered some with foam tape too. 
You can see in the photo above that it created lovely shadows and dimension. I kept the right hand side fairly simple with mainly just my photo popped up on some craft foam and a few small embellishments added around the photo. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to purchase any 6' x 6' paper pad from the Sassy store and try out a layout like this one!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x
      
    
                   
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10