Monday 1 September 2014

Project Life | Week 31...

Hello Sassy Friends! It's Leanne here today with another instalment of Project Life, Week 31 | July 28 - August 3.
 
This week I am playing with the 4"x4" Teresa Collins PL cards in the August Project Life kit.  I have cut, trimmed and layered them to suit my needs and the pocket page design I use on a regular basis (Becky Higgins Design A).
 


I quite like to 'mix it up' with different shapes as my layers.  As long as my pockets don't become too bulky, I am more than happy to experiment.  This week for my title pocket, I've used the 4"x4" frame to highlight my black alphas on a black and white background.  The frame draws attention to the pocket without it being out of place with the rest of the spread.  To prevent the alphas from completely disappearing against the backdrop, I've outlined them with a white gel pen.

 
The 'loved this' filler card was originally sized at 4"x4". I've simply trimmed it along the vertical sides until it measured 4"x3".  The content of the sentiment still remains and the handwritten font leads the eye off the card and beyond.
 
 
As I was going through the kit, I found that some of these cards are too gorgeous to sacrifice even the smallest amount of, at the hands of a sharp blade.  My excuse?  I have a soft spot for gold glitter and ampersands!! LOL! I used this card as an easy sample to include some hidden journaling.  Especially since I was lacking the extra space I needed for everything I wanted to say.
 

 
I trimmed a 4"x6" Captured Moments PL card, just above the 'because' text.  I placed it directly into my typewriter and added my journaling before adhering it to the background patterned paper.  The 'ampersand' PL card simply slips over the top, revealing the edge of the other PL card beneath.
 

 
 
The rest of the pockets on page one still have layers but instead of the PL cards, I've played with the stickers found in the kit.  I particularly like the camera images linked with a photograph of a photograph! *grin*
 
 
..........................................................................

 
Page two has also been generously added to with the 4"x4" PL cards, altered to suit my style.  Layers of stickers and strips of patterned paper add interest without overwhelming the already textured cards.
 
 
And where I was brave enough, I managed to trim another of the glitter filler cards to fit the 3"x4" pocket, even though the star doesn't completely fit the space.
 
 
The 'horseshoe' PL card has been adhered to a 4"x6" piece of patterned paper and has a 3"x4" photo layered over the remaining edge.  The layers of stickers, wood veneer and enamel dots/shapes complete the pocket, giving the illusion that the card is bigger than it actually is.
 
 
To balance the remainder of the spread, I have used the mini alphas to create subtitles in a vertical formation on two cluster photos.  The pop of teal on a white background keeps the spread cohesive and subtly ties in other elements from the first page.
 


Use your creativity to make a square peg fit into a round hole.  I other words... Don't let a pocket size restriction reduce the type or style of Project Life cards that are available to you.
 
Thanks for visiting and don't forget to check out the shop for the remaining August Project Life kit..x
 
Project Life - August Kit
Captured Moments 12x12 Multi Pocket Pages 2
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh Leanne, you will always be one of my favourite Project Lifers. Every time I stumble across one of your layouts on Instagram, Pinterest or else where, it's like finding a gem. I would have never thought of black, white, gold, earth and aqua for a palette, but it suits your photos so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a super, sweet comment Aimee!! Thank you so much..x

      Delete

09 10