Monday 15 September 2014

Project Life | Week 33...

Hello Sassy Friends!  It's Leanne here today, sharing with you another quick and easy spread for fans of Project Life.  This week I've focused on using the gorgeous Crate Paper Notes & Things Journaling Cards and mixing and matching from the Teresa Collins Designs Nine & Co collection.
Week 33 | 11 -17 August, was about noting the details. It was a big week, just living it and not necessarily recording it via photos. 
 

 
We celebrated my husband's 40th birthday  and to us it was more about spending time together as a family - no pressure to smile for the camera! LOL!  After 33 weeks of my family constantly "suffering" this affliction, I reluctantly put the camera away and focused on being with them and not just observing.
 
My choice for using the pre-made journaling cards therefore making it easy to just slip them into a dedicated pocket.  Even more so because they are beautifully detailed and very little (if anything) needs to be added.
 
 
The same can be said for the Teresa Collins Nine & Co Cards patterned paper.
 
 
What photos I did take this week were heavily detailed scrapbook projects.  Since this hobby is a part of my daily life, I felt no qualms adding some sneak peeks on one 4"x6" photo print.  In fact, I believe I created 10 projects this week, not including my PL for Sassy!
 

 
Other snippets of information were taken from world news events.  The sad and sudden loss of Robin Williams needed to be recorded as part of my PL journey.  I found some inspiring photos and words on Pinterest and simply printed them out at 3"x4".
 

.......................................................................

 
To change things up for this spread, the title pocket for Week 33 was added on page two.
 


I added the Maggie Holmes gold thickers to help capture the gold highlights in the journaling cards and grounded them with sequins.  The arrow, butterfly and flower stickers were taken from the Nine & Co Decorative Stickers.  The butterfly sticker was mounted on foam dots and then on top of a Studio Calico label, for a little extra depth.

 
With the occasional photo I did manage to snap, there was quite a bit of mess occurring in the image itself.  To hide unwanted distractions, I place another sticker directly on top of the photo but placing it so it could be trimmed along the photo's edge.
 


My final trick this week, to flesh out the details, was to record current favourites or activities.  There are a number of support groups online for encouraging this type of documentation. I've borrowed their ideas to document a little about me - something I regularly neglect as an observer.


 
 Some weeks are definitely busier than others, but it is quite okay to source ideas from places unexpected. 
 
Thanks for visiting today..x
 
 
 
Nine and Co Cards Paper 12x12
 
Notes and Things Journalling Cards
 
Maggie Holmes Thickers Glitter Foam Daiquiri Gold
 
 Nine and Co Decorative Stickers 6x12
 Backorder Nine and Co Wood Dots
Photobucket

2 comments:

09 10