Friday 21 November 2014

Let's create: December Days Cover - 8

Hello Sassy friends!

For those of you keen to follow along with my December Days album I am going to be popping lots of info up on the blog in the next couple of weeks, which should see you prepared for easy documenting come December 1st! 

Welcome to part 1: Cover to Day 8
I'm sure lots of you have already spied my cover on social media. I created and cut this green deer exclusively for the kit. I placed it on top of the sequin star and then created a banner with the Pink Paislee Merry & Bright banner stickers.
The banner starts and ends with a brad on each side and a few pom poms
threaded on to the embroidery floss for a bit of fun!  
Note: The pom poms were adhered onto the cover using hot glue.
The chipboard word 'Joy' is another exclusive for our December Days kit.
 I have given mine a coating of American Crafts 'Zing' black glitter embossing powder and heat set it.

The cover is held together with the striped ribbon provided in the kit.
I have placed the year in a stacked format with a little bow sticker from the Pink Paislee Merry & Bright black glitter stickers.
** One important thing to mention is that I have cut all the papers (apart from the Heidi Swapp one) supplied in the kit, down to 8x8 inches for my additional pages. The strips that are left over, (4x12 inches) will be very important to include in your album pockets, so please measure carefully and keep them aside.**

So let's open up shall we!
The left inside cover has a pocket for keepsake cards and the ribbon has been set under paper for a neat finish.
To create your pocket, you will need a sheet of 12x12 white cardstock.

1. Trim it down to 250mm across
2. With the smooth side facing up, fold the bottom up
at about 200mm down the length.
3. Stitch the sides closed with a sewing machine if you have one, or use some double sided tape.
4. Work out how big you would like your bow to be by tying it before hand, and then cutting the length of ribbon used, in half.
Adhere one piece in the middle of the each side of the cover.
5. Mount your pocket over the ribbon on the inside left cover and on the inside right cover, use some patterned paper if you like.
6. You can finish off your pocket with some stamping, or even emboss the cardstock before you adhere it to the album cover.

For my intro page, I have used the exclusive 'December' chipboard cut 
and kept it natural, running it through my Cuttlebug with a 
Couture Creations embossing folder for a bit of texture and interest.
Line up your chipboard next to your binder and mark a spot with a pencil.

Using your pencil marks as a guide, punch some holes to correspond.
Under my chipboard, I have popped this beautiful monthly calendar
which is available as a free printable here. Very handy as a quick reference in the month. I have printed it onto one of the 3x4 Simple Stories Sn@p cards.
Next to it, I have placed a polaroid frame from the ephemera pack. 
BTW: Throughout the album, I have used some very 'hi-tech' Blu Tak to keep things in place temporarily until I adhere everything properly next month ;)
Turning over, Day 1
This page uses a doily, the silver glitter frame, a star from the ephemera pack, a flair (image shown may be different to one supplied) one of the wooden numbers and a tag

The star and tag have been stitched on
 I have adhered the doily to the canvas paper, but only a thin strip of the frame down, so I can easily 
pop a picture underneith later on.
Day 2
Number, sequins, ephemera, patterned paper
 (I have printed off lots of photo placeholders and slipped them into the album sleeves. This helps me visualise what the album will look like down the track.)

 

Number, ephemera and sequins have been stitched inside the pocket. Tip: Adhere some down inside the pocket, so a couple stay in place when shaken around.
I created this cute little fellow using Silhouette stamp material 
(available in the Sassy store)

I've stamped him with Versamark and clear heat embossed
so they stand out in a deeper shade on the paper. (Hard to see in this pic)

Day 3
Large photo placeholder and glitter thickers on the white bow print acetate
Day 4
Veneer number; photo placeholder and pull-down journalling
To create the pull-down journalling, simply cut a strip down lengthways
of the Heidi Swapp paper included in the kit.
I have chosen these sentiments, folding them in a Z fold.
I've adhered it to my page with my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.
You can cover a part of it with some patterned paper to matt your
journalling onto, or if you prefer, you can add another image in this space.
Day 5
Number; large kraft envelope; patterned paper, tag and triangle ephemera

Have you ever considered stamping with wood veneer? Fun and easy way to get the most out of a shape you love!
Simply press the number into a colour ink of your choice and stamp on your media.
I have gone with Versamark and white embossing powder.

Now heat set your embossing powder
Lift up the envelope and we've got a spread with three 4x4 picture placeholders.
I have adhered a mini banner which I created from a triangular shape from the ephemera pack...
To create a mini banner:

1. Select the pattern triangle you want to use
2. Eyeballing it, trim off the top half of shape, creating a triangle
3. Now cut the remaining shape into three triangles
4. Using a sewing machine, stitch the shapes together to create the little banner
This can be a very thrifty way of getting the most out of some pieces of ephemera.
Day 6
Number, ephemera, glitter cardstock
This page is going to have one massive image for a real wow factor. I've embellished the page simply with a tiny leaf cluster which I've hand-cut from some leftover glitter stock and a circular shape from the ephemera pack.

Day 7
Patterned paper; 6x4 Sn@p card; number; silver leaf ribbon; ephemera
To create the folded leafy strip, simply:

1. Trim a strip of paper (you can decide on the desired width) this is 1 x 12 inches.

Fold it in an a sort of loose, flattened accordion fold
Lay the silver leaf on top and stitch the two together
Day 8
Polka dot vellum; thickers; ephemera; sequins; seam binding
This page is super clean, with just a few pops of colour.
I have created a flap that you can lift to reveal more photos
To create the vellum flap:

1. Trim a piece of the silver polkadot vellum to 205mm across by 127mm high.
Fold a bit at the top, at around 25mm down.
2. Measuring where the vellum will slip into the album sleeves on each side, trim
a 'v' shape into the vellum. Cut the piece out completely.

3. Now you will have a nice little flap that will tuck into the top of each little sleeve.

Hopefully this will keep you busy for a couple of days until I pop in again with more ideas on how you can get your album foundation pages sorted in time for those busy December days!

Till then
Chantalle


Sassy Supplies used:

3 comments:

  1. Hi!I know this post is three years old but still worth a try: is the december cut file available elsewhere for download? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

09 10