Monday 30 April 2018

January Pocket Pages | Pinkfresh Studio | Agnus Kasprzak

Hi again :) So it turns out that January had a lot more photos than I thought it would, and even though my original plan for getting up to date fast was to create two double pages spreads per month, I have completed a third using more items from Pinkfresh Studio's A Case of the Blah's and The Mix No.2 collections. 


I'm still using the same format as my previous January pages and have used more of the same papers to keep the month consistent and when selecting products to use for the following month I always keep the colours in mind and look for similar tones so that each month flows nicely to the next without having to use the same products all year. 


I mentioned in my my previous post that not every photo needs to have a story attached and this is where a variety of die-cuts and stickers make quick work of filling in the gaps with text and colour. 


Using more die-cuts and stickers to create an easy filler card and being mindful of repeating the circle elements that I used to lead the eye across the pages in my my previous post and using the Silver Confetti transparency directly over a photo to give a rather plain picture a fun lift. 


I often use accents to join a vertical photo with a filler/journal card in the 6x4" pockets and have used this technique in several of my pockets.


There wasn't a lot of journaling to add on the next page as it is only documenting two days worth of photos, so I mainly relied on accents to set the overall tone of the page.  



Taking inspiration from the 'Meh' patterned paper to add some hand stitched detail to the negative space in my photos as a way to add some colour and interest to the pocket. 


Pairing a large die-cut with fun puffy stars and alpha stickers to help explain my dog's behaviour ;) 


I often crop my photos to include some negative space because I like to add accents to the pics, and always look for die-cuts and sticker that can be layered together to convey what is happening in the photo - this time also adding a little stamped sentiment

Products from the store... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10