Friday 16 August 2013

Hello my friend

Hello Sassy friends!

As you know, I have been enjoying the wonderful Carta Bella 'Hello Again' 
collection this month. The sentiments lend themselves beautifully to greetings, 
so I thought I'd do up a couple of cards for you today.

They are all quite simply embellished to show off the gorgeous patterns in this collection.

On this 'Call Me' card, I've given my Sundrifter thickers a rough coat 
of white acrylic paint, with a dry brush. (For some of the darker ones, you may need 
to give the alpha another coat.) I've extended the white area out, 
around the alphas a bit, onto the card stock... 
... Once my thickers were dry, I brushed them carefully with some Distress crackle paint
I love the subtle interest the effect brings to the card.
For this one, I've also used acrylics on the base paper, 
this time to tame the very busy pattern. 
A sweet insta frame adds extra dimension.
For my final one, I've made a giant shipping tag card! I was totally inspired by the tag-shaped sticker, so I thought I'd just have a play and see what it looks like. Love it :)

Hope you've enjoyed today's post. 
(And don't forget we have that fab sketch to play along with this month!)

Looking forward to sharing with you again soon.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Chantalle












Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10