Friday 30 August 2013

Say hello to Dad!

Hello again Sassy Friends!

TGIF, oh yeah! The sun is shining and I am certainly full of the joys of spring. 

A warm welcome to our new followers! 
We hope you will find something to inspire and delight along the way.

It's a big day for all the Dad's out there on Sunday. I've had loads of fun creating some goodies for my hubby from me, the kids using Carta Bella's 'Hello Again' collection.

To start off, I've made a sweet treat card for the chocoholic in my life. I saw something like it on Pinterest recently, and thought it would be the perfect card for him!!

Now I don't have specific sizes planned out, but I've taken a few pics as I went
 to give you an idea of how to put it together

1. Depending on the size of the chocolate slab, take a sheet of 12x12 paper and, starting at the corner of the paper, start wrapping around the edge of the box. 
(I've used a bone scorer for a crisp edge.)

2. Trim off the excess at the top and adhere the little flap. 

3. Again, using the scorer, make 2 more folds near the far edge of the box

4. You could continue to wrap the rest of the card stock around the remainder of the box, 
or if you want to create a flap to open, keep the rest of your paper 
and trim a thin section to cover the top of the box. Adhere.

5. Wrap the 'flap' over to 'close' the card.

Here's a side view so you can see how it works.
I've used a embossing powder with mist for a resist effect on the front, along with some super cute mini tag stickers. The black sticker works to keep the front on the card closed.
The inside of the card reveals a little mini quiz and the "Power of the Remote" for the day!

Next up, is a little mini album...
It's a very simple concept, where the top cover folds into the flap. 
(I haven't done any step by steps for the this one, but if you want to know more, 
please pop us an email and I can put something down for you!)
I've added a few 4x6 photo sleeves, but it's not a necessity.

If you're going to have a go at some Father's Day (or any!) crafting, tag us in your pics - we love to see what you create! Instagram #sassyscrappers or pop in to our Facebook page!

And if you can steal away some time (while the sport takes over the telly, lol) 
why not have a go at our cool sketch challenge which closes at midnight Saturday.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful weekend!

Chantalle








Photobucket

1 comment:

09 10