Friday 3 July 2015

Crate cards

Hello Sassy Friends!

Phew, to me it feels like the first week of school holidays has just flown! Hoping that those of you on QLD school holidays have survived the first week ;)

My card stash was looking a touch sad, so I've topped it up using some Crate goodies as well as my little friend, a WRMK Fuse tool. If you have one, I'm sure you would have clapped your hands in delight (as I did) when you saw your custom pocket creations coming to life before your very eyes! I will be endevouring to tell you more about this handy tool as well as the Heidi Swapp Minc (which will be hitting the store shortly) over the course of the month.


This cute shaker pocket was created by first trimming up a bit of leftover Crate Poolside 'Flip Flops' paper. I really liked the ombre angular pattern and used the printed area as guidelines for cutting.

I then took a 12x12 page protector (you can use any make you like, not just the WRMK ones) and trimmed a piece slightly bigger than the card I had just cut up. I arranged the pieces within the plastic sleeve, leaving a gap between the pieces, and then, using the roller-shaped head which comes with the Fuse tool itself, I sealed the outer edge of the plastic pocket, to create a custome size pocket for my cut up card.



Once I had trimmed off the edge with a pair of scissors, I used the Fuse ruler to create a nice straight line between the pieces of card. This created 3 seperate little pockets, into which I popped the sequins.
 
Here you can see how I used the Fuse to seal the outer edge, as well as fuse the spaces between the cut pieces of card.

Once the sequins were all in, I sealed the top edge of the pocket so they, and the card, could not fall out. Imagine the fun Christmas cards you could create with this tool!



This card uses a clear frame with gold glitter detail from a pack of Crate Poolside frames. I've embellished with some blooms (Maggie Holmes floral die & leaves) a cute bow and sentiment sticker



The pink leaves were created with some Fimo and a silicon mold, then baked in the oven.


 
This card uses the totally hoardable glitter plus signs vellum from Poolside.

 
 
Very simply embellished with a 'Thank You' cut with a Heidi Swapp metal die and some gold foil paper. A little banner with a scrap of paper and a bit of glitter ribbon finishes it off.


 
This card has a craft base, onto which I have used some white Dylusions - which has excellent opacity - through a Dear Lizzy stencil.


 
 I've used a couple more Poolside cardstcok frames as well as a chipboard banner sticker.


 
Next, a super simple card number three uses a Prima paint splat stamp and some Hero Arts Ombre ink.



Over the top. I've punced a small hole into the actual card itself and run some twine between the tag (which came in the Mason Jar set) and the card to create a bow.


 
Finishing touches: some adhesive sequins and a few splats of neon Pink Hero Arts


 
Sweet and simple with a slightly distressed look...


 
A scrap piece of the glitter plus sign vellum with a smudge of the ombre ink pad mentioned above, layered with the chipboard sunglasses sticker, which has been roughed up with a bit of sandpaper.


 
 My final card, uses a plain white card which has been run through a Cuttlebug with a floral embossing folder. Over that, I used a leftover Citrus Bliss Insta card and some Flamingo print acetate.


 
On top of the tag I've layered a couple of sweet hearts, which I've machine stitched, that come in the Mason Jar pack.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'm sure by now you would have seen the amazing new moodboard for July. I hope you will join us!

Have a great weekend!

Chantalle

Like these cards? Create them with these Sassy Supplies:
 
WRMK Photo Sleeve Fuse Tool (AU Version)


2 comments:

09 10