Friday 14 August 2015

Every day was a gift

Hello Sassy Friends!

Today I want to share with you a framed project that I created using two of my very favourite crafting tools - my Cameo and my Minc. I scored this fab sheet of gold foil from another of my Daughter's craft packs (ssshhhh, don't tell her!) and I was thinking how cool it would be to make a little custom frame for my desk. This photo of my Mum and I is on my desk already, but on it's own it just wasn't special enough.


 I wanted to go with a floral theme to combine with these gorgeous Minc 3D flowers
which I have foiled in gold. I found a subtle mandala image online and traced it in Illustrator to create a crisp line which would print clearly. I planned the background and then first printed the colour text via my inkjet printer, then ran that same cardstock through a laser printer so I could get the black areas which I was going to foil. The mandala has been foiled with light pink and the word 'gift' (which is a Heidi Swapp brush) was foiled in gold.


 I created the frame in Silhouette Studio by tracing a vector shape that I found and resized it to suit my project.


On the back of the frame, I have fashioned a support stand from chipboard which I measured by eye, and attached with an eyelet to a base, which I adhered to the back of my image. You'll notice I have scored a little line near the top of the stand so the angle at which the frame rests on a surface can be adjusted.


 Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Chantalle x


 Have a go at creating one yourself with these items from the Sassy Store

https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_630_1141&product_id=9738
 Styleboard Gold Polka Dot Foil Kraft PaperMinc 3-D Paper Flowers 70/PkgMinc Reactive Light Pink Foil 12.25"X10' RollMinc Reactive Gold Foil 12.25"X10' RollMME Market Street Ashbury Metallic Enamel Dots

1 comment:

09 10