Monday 31 August 2015

Project Life | Week 25...

Hello Sassy Friends! Welcome to PL2015 Week 25! Yay! Halfway through the year (with the documentation side of things, of course!!)
Today I am playing with the bright and beautiful October Afternoon | Summertime Collection. I've also added lots of fun ephemera from Crate Paper | Wonder.

This week was quite eventful for us. My eldest son had his finger broken in a game of hockey which resulted in lots of trips to the hospital/fracture clinics and missing out on playing with his U13 team at State Titles. There were a lot of emotions to record, as well as all the details on how the injury occurred.

I've added extended journalling in a hidden file folder.  This was then placed in a top pocket for easy access to the notes.
The top 4x4 cut apart card from October Afternoon | Summertime Collection was ideal. Not only did I use it to represent disappointing news, but we also had to deal with the physical rain during another hockey match and at the same time try and keep a temporary cast dry!

I’ve embellished one of the tags from Crate Paper | Wonder with a Simple Stories diecut (Simple Stories Summer Vibes). The basket of lemons was a fun way to emphasise my son “making the best of it”; stating that when life gives you lemons... keep playing hockey!

His exact sentiment!

On page two, I shared details about Liam’s injury, photos taken by his dad while waiting at the fracture clinic and even a humourous text message I wanted to keep.

My title pocket was kept relatively simple in design. However, the 3x4 card also has room for more hidden journaling. I managed to include a very notarised version/Week In Review, to slip between the patterned papers!

Finally, I created a filler card with a very appropriate phrase from the Crate Paper | Wonder collection.

I think it summed up our Week 25 perfectly.  Thanks for the visiting..x
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10