Thursday 28 September 2017

Leave a Little Sparkle Art Journal Page by Farrel Tailor

Hello Fellow Sassy Fans!!! I'm back again to share with you another mixed media art journal page featuring the amazing 13arts Ayeeda Mists.


So to start my page I used a mini harlequin stencil with Ranger Texture Paste and used my heat gun to dry. 


Once the paste was dry I sprayed water to the area I wanted the 13arts Chalk Turquoise mist to go and applied the mist using a small paint brush. I then splattered what was left on my brush onto the page.


Next I splattered Chalk Ultramarine Ayeeda mist onto my page and spritzed enough water to let the colour run a little. Once it was dry I then applied Chalk Indigo using a watered paint brush and applied it around the outside of my coloured area. I also added some splatters.

 

As you can tell this page is all about layering. So the next mist I used was Pearl Turquoise Light which I used to splatter all over. This mist has a little bit of sparkle to it which just makes the colours all pop!!


I then splattered using Dylusions Black Marble and White Linen Sprays and used a heat gun to dry.


Now to add a little bit more texture - I used Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel to adhere my cheesecloth and gave it a quick dry with my heat gun. I then cut out my butterfly print that I got from Pinterest (the link will be over on my blog) and also adhered it using the 3D Gloss Gel.
 

Then to finish off the page I used Vicki Boutin's Mixed Media Stickers Phrases and Accents and used my black Uni Posca pen to draw around the edges of the stickers.


And there you have it, a simple but effective art journal page and I hope I have inspired you to create something this week. 


Thanks for dropping by
Farrel xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10