Friday 15 February 2019

The Happy Life | Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Whimsical | Tarrah McLean

Hi Sassy Scrappers!

It's Tarrah McLean back with you and today I have a new layout to share with you using the gorgeous Whimsical collection by Paige Evans/Pink Paislee. I will be working with this collection over the next few weeks so stay tuned for inspiration once a week!

The first step to this technique is to work out what size squares you would like to use. I used a 1 and a quarter inch size square punch to punch out the squares. To achieve a similar look to this one, you want to punch out about 60 squares from all different patterned papers. I then cut them all in half diagonally so they become triangles and grouped them into similar colours. 

I started to lay them out on the background white cardstock to make a chevron pattern making sure not to have the same paper too close to each other. I used a glue dot behind each triangle as I knew that I wanted to machine stitch through them all once the design was finished. 

This is quite a time consuming technique, however once you have finished, the result is awesome and well worth the effort! Because the background is fairly busy with all those patterned papers, I kept the embellishing very minimal......just keeping them around my photo. 

All this took was the 6' x 6' paper pad a little bit of time and patience and a few embellishments and the page was complete! Check it all out in the Sassy store, there are sooo many gorgeous products in there, you will want 1 of everything!

I hope I have inspired you to give the 6' x 6' paper pad a go? So fun to use!

Happy creating!


     
     
  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10