Wednesday 22 April 2015

Pink Paislee - Atlas Collection


Hello Leonie here today and I want to get right in to things
and let you know 
I'm completely enamoured with the new Pink Paislee - Atlas Collection!

I'll be creating with it over the next few weeks and showing you all just how awesome it really is.
Of course all the gorgeous elements from this collection are available in the 
Sassy Scrapper store HERE.


Although the collection is obviously aimed at travel themes,
I haven't actually scrapped a travel photo just an everyday photo of my three boys.  
There's plenty of patterns and elements that can be used in ways other than just travel photos.  
You just need to think about things in 
a slightly different way!

I decided to use this everyday picture of my boys and use it to document my hopes and wishes for my  boys.  Using it to encourage them to get out and experience life and all that it offers.  You can see my
hidden journalling on the tag that I have slipped behind the photo further down this post.




I must admit to you that I planned my whole page around this little cluster below and in particular the 'adventure' word and the rainbow aeroplane.  These two chipboard pieces are on the front of the pack of printed chipboard and I just loved how the word curved around the arc of the rainbow. 
So I set about finding some papers in the 6x6 paper pad that matched the rainbow behind the plane and mounted these behind my photo putting the colours in the same order as one the chipboard rainbow.  I wanted a background paper that had no bright colours that would detract from my rainbows so I chose the grey and white script paper.




This little cluster in the bottom left corner is made up of a card and transparent overlay from the instagram pack along with chipboard and die cut shapes layered with foam dots from the ephemera pack.  I used one of the instagram frames over my photograph and adhered with foam tape to add dimension making the photo recessed behind the frame. 




Here's the journalling I mentioned!  Life affirming messages 
I hope my boys will take note of one day.





So that's my page for this week I hope I've inspired you a little to, think outside the box when
it comes to themed papers and collections.


Pink Paislee - Atlas Collection
Available at Sassy Scrapper.

Atlas 6x6 Paper Pad  Atlas Postcard Paper 12x12



Atlas Chipboard Stickers 40pcAtlas Instagram Cards 4"X4" 24/PkgAtlas Ephemera  74 Piece

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10