Friday 4 March 2016

Design Team Introduction | Leanne Allinson

Hello Sassy Friends! Those of you who are regular visitors to the blog will know that I have returned for a third term with Sassy.  I am so honoured to have this opportunity to share with you my creative process and projects.  For the past two years, I have been the Project Life designer here.  In 2016, it's my goal to change things up a bit and start to share my love of mini albums and layouts.

I have been playing with pretty paper, glue & scissors since 2010. I have four children (1 daughter and 3 sons) and together with my husband, we live in Queensland, Australia. If you don't know by now, you will soon discover that documenting my family and our adventures is my passion.

My paper crafting style has been described as having designated clusters in white space!  I love fresh colours and my signature scrapbooking size is 8.5"x11".  I am currently a design team member not only for Sassy Scrappers, but also Jillibean Soup, Bella Blvd & Jot Magazine.


I hope you will enjoy the paper crafting, memory keeping and story telling process here with me each Friday.


Today I am going to start with sharing the first few pages of my latest mini album; created with My Mind's Eye Hello Gorgeous & Maggie Holmes Bloom. Both collections now found in store!

I've started by selecting a stunning WeRMemoryKeepers 4x4 mini album in mint. Not only does it suit the décor in my space, (LOL!), but it also suits the beach theme photos tucked away inside.



Between the photo pocket refills, I've added substance to the pages by trimming a 12x12 Bella Blvd transparency and inserting them randomly. To allow the transparency to fit neatly, line up one of the album pockets with the 4x4 transparency and with a hole punch, carefully punch the holes to slip onto the ring binder.

Using the same concept, I've added holes to a selection of Fancy Pants Happy Place brag cards, and included them in my album too!


I've embellished the title card with Elle's Studio alpha stickers and a bow created from a die. Directly behind it is one of the transparency sheets. :)

In the next pocket, I wanted to embellish with a few simple elements from the Hello Gorgeous mixed elements bag! I've also added a Jillibean Soup wood veneer butterfly and some Bella Blvd enamel stars from my stash. The tag is from another coordinating Maggie Holmes collection.


The final page I am sharing with you today includes photos in the 2x2 pockets from WeRMemoryKeepers. They have been matted with similar sized patterned papers from Hello Gorgeous! The tag cut apart is also from my stash.


Thanks for joining me here today to learn a little more about me and my creative process. I will be sharing the rest of this mini over the next few weeks in March.  For now however, Happy Scrapping!

Leanne..x


Sassy Supplies:

WRMK Faux Leather Instagram Albums Made Easy 4x4 Album - MintFine & Dandy Dies 5/Pkg Bow/Prize RibbonMaggie Holmes Bloom Flourish Paper 12x12 Happy Place Brag Cards 36/Pkg 3"X4" MME Hello Gorgeous Mixed bag with Gold Glitter 44pkEnamel Doodads Milk White Color Chaos Ice Confetti Transperancy 12x12I AM Wood Veneers 27pk  WRMK Instagram Albums Made Easy Sleeve Protectors - 10 pack 2x2 WRMK Instagram Albums Made Easy Sleeve Protectors - 10 pack 4x4 Elles Studio Dark Gray Alphabet Stickers


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. oh no..Don't say it's so! Leanne, you have been my go to gal for PL ideas..so so sad :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Barbara! Thank you kindly for your wonderful words! I'm sure I can still share PL here and there but Agnus (our new PL Gal) is amazing! I know I won't step away from PL entirely...x

      Delete

09 10