Thursday 23 March 2017

New Beginning Art Journal page By Farrel Tailor

Hello Lovelies!!! I'm back today to share with you all my mixed media art journal page I created using Dina Wakley Heavy Body Paint and Darkroom Door Grunge Stamp Set.

So let me step you through the process and there is also a process video at the end for anyone wanting to see how I created it.

I started by lightly coating my page with white gesso. Then using a dry brush I applied Dina Wakley's Heavy Body Acrylic Paints - Magenta, Fuchsia, White, Turquoise, Lime, Lemon and Black. (All products are linked to the store.) I used my apron to wipe off the access paint as I didn't want to have a wet brush....using a dry brush gives you the amazing brush stroke texture to the paint.

I then used Dylusions Stencil 5 x 8" Modern Script stencil with Turquoise paint and applied it using my mini blending tool. I also sprayed the stencil with water and used the reverse side as a stamp.


Next I used Darkroom Door Grunge Stamp Set with my acrylic paint and stamped onto the page.
Once it was dry I then cut out my butterfly which I printed on my computer using a free printable from Pinterest. I adhered the butterfly using Prima 3D Gel Medium.


I used the acrylic paints to add colour to the wings on the butterfly and mixed my black and white paints with a small amount of water to add some splatters. The reason for adding water to the paint is because the paint is heavy there is no way I could splatter as it, do diluting it with water allows you to use this technique. I used a small paint brush for the splatter.

Last of all I used a stamp set in my stash for the sentiment and there you have it...another art journal page!!! 



Until next time Happy Scrappin' and thanks for dropping by 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10