Monday 3 February 2014

Project Life | Week One

 
Hello Friends!  Today I am sharing my very first post here on the Sassy Scrappers blog.  I hope you will be excited, enthusiastic and inspired to start creating some wonderful memories with Project Life.  If you haven't started with 2014, still overwhelmed with PL 2013 or  have never even heard of this scrapping process before (!!) please don't stress!  I want to make this year fun.  My goal is to document the everyday miracles, craziness and the routine day to day stuff in my life for 2014.  I will share my favourite tips and ideas and hopefully in the process my album, along with yours, will grow with wonderful and meaningful memories.  Let's get started...x
 
 
 
Week 1 is always a crazy week for us!  My middle son celebrates his birthday and unfortunately the weather at this time of year can get very hot.  In fact the day of his birthday (Jan 4), we reached temperatures of 49C degrees!  The kids are also still on school holidays during this week and we are usually exhausted from the Christmas/New Year madness.  Ultimately it is either a period of one event rushing into the next, at the speed of light or a week of complete idleness.  *grin*
 
 
This year, 2014 Week 1, was a pleasant mix of both! We started the year celebrating New Year's Day with four generations of family on my husband's side.  It was his Grandmother who requested a photo of her daughter, grandsons and great grandchildren.  I wanted to include this information with my spread, so I created a hidden journaling pocket page directly above the family photo.
 
 
The hidden journaling card was created simply by hand stitching the Glitz Design Color Me Happy 3x4 card directly onto white cardstock.   Before stitching the two together however, I typed my journaling onto the white cardstock.  This way I didn't have to wind the entire length of two cards through my typewriter!
 

 
I have also decided that this year, although I don't mind the randomness of photo placement, I just want one element to be the same throughout the entire yearly process.  This happens to be the stitching element and design of how I record my weekly dates.  It doesn't even need to be in the same photo pocket each week but I will keep the design exactly as shown above.
 
I am also loving the Prima Sun Kiss Alphabet Stickers. I have used them alongside the Becky Higgins Project Life Alphabet Stickers Grey for the first five weeks of 2014 PL and they are still plentiful!  They are the perfect size as well.  And the texture...! They just give the pocket pages a little extra oomph without the extra bulk.
 
 

 
Weekly Tip: If you travel for long distances during the week or even if it is a fun day trip adventure, search for a map of the route you've taken and add it to your photos to be printed out.
 
Becky Higgins Project Life Alphabet Stickers Grey 8 Sheets  Sun Kiss Alphabet Stickers Captured Moments Snapshot Cards 3x4 inchPrintshop Sunday Best Paper Printshop Monochrome Paper Yes Please Consistent PaperColour Me Happy Bits and Pieces Cut and Paste Adorbs Hello Greet Paper Ombre Blue Enamel Dew DropsColour Me Happy Chalkboard White Textured Cardstock 12x12 Pebbles Honeycomb Washi Tape
 
 
 
Photobucket
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Your project life looks lovely..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page spreads Leanne. Gorgeous colours. You're seriously making me want to give this ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne, you are now my Best Friend ! ;-) I am very fond of Project Life but never gave a try except on last year but not the real PL ! I really love yours, and tips you give, so Thank You I follow you in this adventure !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vero! You have made my day! LOL! Thank you for your kind words and I can't wait to share this adventure with you..x

      Delete
  4. I really like how you're doing your PL...& the idea of a 'common' thread with the title is great...ooops...too late for me!!! ALSO, those little Prima letters are great....thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FAB first post Leanne! Love it! Gorgeous work XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally epic!! ;) You rock PL!

    ReplyDelete

09 10