Friday 11 October 2013

Decor using Glitz Raven

Hello Sassy friends!
Hope your week has been good to you (and if your kidlets are back at school, 
I hope you are enjoying the silence, hehe)
The countdown has kicked off to our annual Halloween soiree and I have been back at the 
home decor crafting, using the fabulously spooky Glitz Raven, in store now!
First up, I've made this sign for my front door. 

I've taken the 4x6 'Love Halloween' card from the Raven 'Whatnots' and popped out the letters in the word Halloween. I've back it with some 'Triangles' paper and then mounted it with some foam dots onto a piece of 'Diamond's' paper.

I've embellished it using some orange flowers that I've inked, a Raven Giant rhinestone and enamel dot bling. I've taken a large pearl and drawn a spooky little face on for some fun.

Punch a couple of holes at the top, thread some twine or ribbon and you're good to go!

Next up, I've made some super easy lanterns.

These little guys will cost next to nothing to put together and you can 
store them flat for use again next year!

1. Start off by trimming a section of card stock or patterened paper 225mm (h) x 135mm (w)

2. Give it a fold at 135mm from the top. (Effectively giving you a square shape at the top)

3. Next, draw (or use your Silhouette or similar cutting tool if you wish) a design on the top section. This will be where the light from the lantern will shine through. I've done a simple moon and stars shape and cut them out using a scalpel.

4. I wanted to use a coloured vellum, but I didn't have any orange... Enter some markers!
 I've used my son's orange marker and coloured a piece. Worked a treat!  Back the cutouts with vellum.

5. At this flat stage, it's probably easier to embellish. Once you're done, it's good to give the lantern some little struts for support. I've just cut two pieces of card and given each a little fold at the top and bottom. Adhere them to the inside of the lantern, near the bottom fold. Bear in mind, the width will be determined by how large your cutout area is.


The pumpkin one follows the same process as above. 


Printing the template onto some 'Triangles' paper, I've hand cut the face out using a scalpel. Once again, I've backed this area with vellum and embellished with a tiny spider stamp and a raven shaped Whatnot. I've put a bit of adhesive at the top and dusted it with some orange glitter.

To save little fingers (and your pretty paper!) Pop an electronic tea light behind and you've got a great (safe) lantern you can use again and again


Thanks for popping in! 
I can't wait to see if anyone gives these little guys a go for the October challenge!

Till next time!

Chantalle










Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10