Sunday 18 June 2017

Agnus | Everyday Moments

Hi again :) I've got a layout to share this week using a splash of paint and some gorgeous rose gold foiled paper from Prima's Rose Quartz collection. 


As much as I loved the beautiful rose gold detail in the Rose Quartz collection, the colours were not working with this particular photo, so I decided to add some contrast with a splash of 'night' in the awesome range of acrylic paint from Dina Wakley Media!
 I love the heavy bodied consistency and matte properties of this paint and have been using quite a lot of it for my art journal pages for #the100dayproject on Instagram, but for this layout I was after a softer effect and decided to dilute the paint with a generous amount of water to create a colour wash similar to what you would get from watercolour but with less translucency and more depth.   



I used a few simple layers behind the photo and fussy cut several feathers from the 'Grace' patterned paper that I positioned down the page. I used my scissors to add a few extra snips around the base of each feather to give them a more realistic appearance.

 I also used the Dina Wakley Media paint to add some stamped detail down one side of the page. Using the paint in place of ink was easy to do... I simply spread a few drops of paint onto a non-stick craft matt, mixed in a little bit of water to create a more fluid consistency and used a sponge to apply the paint onto the surface of the stamps as you would with ink. This little Kelly Purkey 3x4" stamp set has already become a fave for my project life pages, and I love the detail it also adds to a full sized layout.


Products from the Sassy store..
Prima Rose Quartz Rose Gold Foiled Paper - Grace
Prima Rose Quartz Rose Gold Foiled Cardstock - Beautiful Glory 
Dina Wakley Acrylic Paint - Night 
Kelly Purkey Clear Stamps 3x4" Days of the Week
Pinkfresh Studio Live More Puffy Stickers 
Crate Paper Maggie Holmes 'Gather' 12x12 Paper - Pure Joy
Crate Paper Maggie Holmes 'Gather' 12x12 Paper - Moments 
Elle's Studio Live Laugh Love Bits & Pieces
Simple Stories Domestic Bliss Enamel Dots
American Crafts Hazelwood Chipboard Thickers

   

 

 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Great page Agnus!!! I bet this was such a fun page to create with some great mixed media products and techniques :) It all works and is absoultely a precious memory page!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10