Friday 4 April 2014

Queen of Hearts

Hello Sassy friends!

Yippee, no more school lunches or running around for a little while for me. 
Lazy mornings are definately on the agenda until Aprill 22!

I'm sure you've seen the new moodboard for April. 
I had so much fun putting it together and I hope you'll be inspired
to create with us this month!
My layout is totally centred on this cheeky shot 
of my DD, cheating playing cards. I've created a heart theme with various 
types of materials, acrylic (Heidi Swapp), hand cut ones with glossy accents 
or gold pen doodles, stickers and heat embossing. 

To create the one in the middle, bottom row, I cut only half with a craft knife, 
then folded it over to reveal the beautiful text print on the reverse. 
I've matted this area with silver glitter cardstock 
and accented with a teeny arrow stamp.
 Perk up your alphas with a splash of colour using Copic markers, paint or pens. 
The little Freckled Fawn wood chip has been given a good thick coat 
of embossing enamel. It's much coarser than regular embossing powder, 
so to prevent it from fallen the item you want to emboss, one must 
heat it from underneath. The word 'hearts' was set and cut using my Silhouette 
and given a coat of Glossy Accents. I love the dimension and shine it creates.
 My journalling (as usual) is hidden on the reverse of this pull out tab.
 A few more mini hearts in the form of punches and stickers (Glitz Design) 
complete the grid pattern.
Creating with one shape can really pack a punch. Why don't you give it a try!

Thank you so much for taking the time to pop in!
Chantalle



Styleboard So Lovely  Paper 12x12   Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party Die Cut Shapes  Cosmo Cricket Mini Wood Heart Charms  Glossy Accents 59mls  Lemon Lush Impulsive Paper 12x12  Printshop Black Doodle Alphas
Styleboard Gold Label Maker Stickers  Freckled Fawn Wood Chips Hearts 30pc  Evalicious Just Us Misc V1 Puffy Stickers  Evalicious Just Us V1 Badge Buttons  Kaisercraft Texture Stains Clear Stamp  Amy Tangerine Plus One Thickers Twins  Printshop Monochrome Paper
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome layout Chantalle, and it's true how much is interesting to have same shape but in differents style, great tip !! TFS !

    ReplyDelete

09 10