Monday 4 May 2015

Project Life | Extra Pocket Inserts...

Hello Sassy Friends! Today I am trying something a little different to my normal Project Life 2015 style. So far this year I am very happy to stay with my tried and true Pocket Page design A format.  With this design in mind, I have a fair idea of what photos to capture during the week and where they will fit into my spread.  But what happens when you have an event that extends from the last few days of one week and then into the first few days of the next? This is what happened to me recently when I attended the E2C retreat with Leonie & Chantalle!
 
My dilemma was simply due to the fact that I didn't want to have this event spread across four project life pocket pages.  In Week 11 and Week 12, I still had things happening at home on either side of my trip away. And I had way too many photos not to add to my PL2015 story.
 
Enter Becky Higgins Design J pocket pages.
 
 
With this smaller version of pocket page I have managed to successfully squeeze two weeks together, especially when it is inserted between my spread for Weeks 11 & 12 using Design A.
 
Design J was also ideal to share my trimmed down Instagram photos. It features pockets both 4x4 and 3x4 in size.
 

And when the Instagram photos are teamed up with gorgeous 4x4 designed patterned paper square from Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy, everything just falls into place!

The pocket page design is only 7" wide and in this single page I have managed to include 18 photos on both front and back. Admittedly, I also put together a few collage shots via my iPhone before printing them out.
 

 
On the front of the insert, I have created a journaling card by typing a few words onto white cardstock and then embellishing the reverse side of the Dear Lizzy 4x4 patterned paper.  The embellishments used are from Crate Paper Poolside cardstock die-cuts and Simple Stories I Am Enamel dots.
 

 
The same idea above, applies to the middle section of the insert. The word "together" was fussy cut from the Amy Tangerine Rise and Shine Lana paper.
 

 
Each section of the pocket page design, has been treated like a mini double spread. Photo + Story.
 
 
On the reverse side of the insert, I've indulged with more of the gorgeous Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy and Crate Paper Poolside.
 
 
Once again, I've created using the idea that each section of the pockets are a mini double page spread which has helped me colour coordinate and create a cohesive look across the entire spread.
 
 
For my title pocket, I have only added the month.  The dates of both Weeks 11&12 are included on the full page Design A pockets. These alphas are new in store from Elle's Studio.  I love the woodgrain look!
 
 
 
The coordinating embellishments are a lot of fun to layer and play with but I also had to try out the new ombre ink pads from Hero Arts. The arrow stamp, shown below, has been created with a clear Kaisercraft stamp and the Butter to Orange ink pad.
 
 
To finish off the pocket page insert, I added a collage Instagram sized photo of a birthday dinner we attended. The ombre pink die-cut opposite the photo repeats the colours found in the photo, as does the black and white patterned paper beneath.
 
 
Thanks for joining me here today as I step outside my comfort zone and start to combine weeks together and hopefully keep my PL2015, making sequential sense!!!
 
Sassy Supplies:
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_392_1151&product_id=9621
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_519_1150&product_id=9571
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_519_1150&product_id=9558
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_519_1150&product_id=9557
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_653_1120&product_id=9060
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_392_1139&product_id=9250
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_745_1128&product_id=9128
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=9366&search=hero+arts+ombre
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10