Monday 18 May 2015

Project Life | Week 14...

Hello Sassy Friends!  Welcome to Project Life Monday! Today I am sharing Week 14 | April 6 - 12.  The first week of our Easter school holiday's in Queensland and the week we decided to climb a mountain!
 
 
This week we had an awesome adventure.  Everything else was kind of mediocre but other than mention the main points of our daily grind in my journaling, my focus for this spread was all about the climb.

 
Mixing and matching, I've been playing with the gorgeous Crate Paper Poolside collection, Pink Paislee Atlas patterned paper, Elle's Studio alphas and Amy Tangerine Rise & Shine. Added to the mix are some Chic Tags wood veneer, Bella Blvd stickers and a lovely sheet of vellum.
 
 
Taking the vellum and trimming it and the Pink Paislee Altitude patterned paper to 3"x4", I've stitched them together to create a pocket for hidden journaling.
 



The pocket can then be embellished to suit your spread.
 
Another fun form of photo documentation when we go on bush walks such as this, is to include a landscape photo of our group in front of the landmark sign. It is an easy way to include extra details on your page, especially when it is a photo heavy spread.
 
 
Adding ephemera to pockets can help break up the monotony of too many photos.  I wanted to have a light hearted feel to this pocket with arrows pointing in many directions. It provides a subtle sense of adventure as well as serving the purpose of documenting my weekly title.
 
 
I used the wood veneers to link back to the outdoor/woodgrain style of the Elle's Studio alphas. The veneers also add a touch of dimension to the page without the extra bulk in the pockets.
 
 
On page two, journaling our adventure became priority. To me, there's no point in having lots of photos if the story isn't there to explain what happened! *grin*
 

 
I've kept it simple and to the point.  Next on the agenda were the pockets for my filler cards.
 
 
These spaces were also required to be simple. Colour coordination and premade/designed 3"x4" cards made this an easy task!
 
 
Finishing touches included Simple Stories I Am cardstock stickers, placed directly onto the photos.
 
 
Thanks for joining me here today.  I hope I have shared how easy it is to mix and match your supplies to create cohesive results...x
 
Sassy Supplies:
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_392_1151&product_id=9621
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_519_1150&product_id=9557
 
https://www.sassyscrapper.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=256_519_1150&product_id=9571
 
Rise and Shine Chloe Paper 12x12
 
Rise and Shine Lana Paper 12x12
 
Atlas Altitude Paper 12x12
 
Atlas Take Flight Paper 12x12
 
Family Forever Trinkets Cardstock Stickers 3x12inch
 
Elles Studio Woodgrain Alphabet
 
Cloud 9 Moments Wood Veneer
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10